Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gotta Get it Together Here




Ok, so I got pretty off track with keeping track of my food. I have found so far, that taking pics of my food as I go is helping me keep everything straight. I know logging the food down is good too, but then what would I share with all of you, right?

Anyway, this I'm gonna kinda go through these quickly. And, btw, I honestly can't remember what meals where eaten on what day and when, but here we go.

*No pic, but I had my protein pancakes for b-fast every morning. I figured you've all seen that pic before....



This was some leftover protein lasagna I made with a Greek salad (I hear in Greece they make their salads with only cheese, tomato, and cucumbers with vinegar and oil), and a side of green beans (I just love green beans!)


This I grabbed as I was on my way out the door to train a client. There was a last minute change of appointment time, so this was the way to go.


I have no name for this... It's just a packet of protein from ON, 1 Tbs almond butter, and 1 banana sliced. It was pretty good though. I may actually eat this again.


I'm trying to finish off the fat free hot dogs and 80 cal buns I have so I had me one with a cup of minestrone.


This was a mistake. I had a recipe for a crunchy protein cookie I wanted to try out. I don't know if my protein was the wrong kind or what coz this was just a big #FAIL!




This is a carrot protein loaf. I usually use zucchini, but I didn't have any in the house. I've made this before (even during prep), and it's pretty good but it always had a bit of an aftertaste. Well, I think I've figured out what it is.....the baking soda. I think it may be too much. Next time I make this I'm going to try only adding half of what it asks for. I'll report back and letcha know how it turns out.




I was just hungry and lazy here. The Lean Pocket was actually pretty tasty, I can't say the same for the Brussel sprouts. I like Brussel sprouts, but these were the Green Giant frozen ones with butter and only 60cal per serving (they were on sale for $1 so why not?). They were too buttery for me, I like just a bit of sea salt and maybe a couple sprays of butter. If you see these at the grocery store, just save your money.



This was super yummy! I mixed up 1 cup of mixed berries, 1 scoop ON's supercharged strawberry protein, and 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze milk. I topped it with some fat free reddi whip. So good!


This is more of the protein lasagna and the last of my 80 cal buns. I toasted it up, put a few sprays of butter on'em and some garlic powder. Good stuff!






I stand corrected (I told you I didn't keep track of when I ate the meals), THIS is the last of the buns:) I used some deli select lunch meat, and the other half of my can of minestrone.


That's pretty much it. Last night wasn't great. We had some friends over (we had a great time!), and I decided to break out the pizza rolls for everyone to munch on. I don't like to just have pub mix type things out for people to eat when they're drinking (no drinking for me though). I like to have something with a little substance to sponge up the alcohol before they drive home. And, who doesn't like pizza? Always a safe bet!

Today I had a coffee and egg white turkey bacon sandwich from Caribou. The sandwich actually had less calories than their oatmeal!?!? I had a gift card they sent me for my birthday. (by the way, sign up for their emails and they'll send you a coupon for a free drink on your birthday too! My spam filter musta got mine so they mailed me a gift card!) Then we ate at a Mexican restaurant Azteca for lunch. It's an authentic Mexican restaurant, they even spoke to most of the patrons in Spanish! So, it doesn't get better from here either. I came home had a banana and later some tea. I just got done polishing off some chicken pot stickers and hopefully I can keep my hands off anything else! So that was my pretty good end of week and down the tubes weekend.


Side note. I tweeted one day about my protein pancakes (which I use ON protein in) and they pm'd me back asking if I'd like a sample protein. I said sure, just give me whatever flavor you want. I'm always open to finding new favorites. Well, it took a couple weeks but the fine folks at Optimum Nutrition sent me a really nice goodie package! I got a mini tub of protein, a shaker, 2 sample packets of Nitro Core protein, 2 packets of Pro Complex protein, and a t-shirt! How awesome is that! They rock! I've been using the strawberry protein in my pancakes and it is soooo good!



Whew! Too much to type out!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: