Monday, January 10, 2011

Checking in


Well, how's that for resolution? I say I'm gonna hold myself accountable and post my food everyday and then right outta the gate I bail:( I don't remember too much of what I ate on Saturday. It was pretty good, but at night my husband wanted to have a treat or something so I had fat free devil's food cake cookies. I love those things. But I ate the entire box, all but 1 cookie. I didn't even bother checking the nutritionals because it would have just bummed me out. Yesterday was eh, so so. I met up with some girlfriends that I have known since childhood, and ended up making a couple bad decisions. I had 3 Tbs. Malto Meal and my eggs for breakfast with a glass of lite orange juice, then 2 fat free hotdogs (40cal per) with some ff turkey chili and one 80 wheat bun. Then we went to Olga's for lunch. I got the Mediterranean sandwich (which was better than the fried chicken I wanted) and fries w/ ranch (I know, I know). Then we went to the movies to see Little Fockers (which was hilarious btw!) and I got a diet Coke and a 3.5oz pack of raisinettes. Then, later we just hung out at one of their houses and I had a popcorn ball and 2 pieces of homemade chocolate candies. Not such a great day.

Today was okay I guess. I had a different breakfast than normal. I just didn't feel like eggs and oatmeal. I had sausage and sauerkraut, then a banana and a glass of lite orange juice. (I spared you all the pic of that)
Next, I had 3 rice cakes with 1 Tbs. peanut butter.


Then it was off to the gym for leg day. I got in only 20 min of cardio. 10 min SS on the elliptical 10 min HIIT on a spin bike.

Then later I had my own mock version of chicken enchilada's. I had been wanting them for a while, but didn't want to give in and get the full flavor version. So I made mine with some chicken I bought from Kroger, two 60 cal tortillas, and some ff shredded cheese. It doesn't really melt well, but whatev. With a side of green beans with coconut oil (I always read about Genie using hers and it was making me want some!). Topped both off with Garden Fresh Salsa artichoke & garlic. Yum!


A little while later I decided to make myself a My So-Called Latte which was really good! I used to drink my coffee black with sweetener, but for the past 6 months or so I have been loving some cream with it or latte type drinks. (I like to fancy it up a bit with the cinnamon)



And for dinner, more of the sausage and sauerkraut. I made my own little mock polish platter. No peirogi's (even though they're in the freezer), but that's okay. I'll save those for a cheat day or something. I used another 80 bun for my dinner roll and used Brummel & Brown spread on it. I know that kraut can be a bit gassy, but I haven't really had a problem with (thank goodness!) I added some apple juice and a cut up apple to the mix while it was in the crock to cut down on the sourness, so I don't know if that helped??? (the pic doesn't do it justice, it looked better in person)


And that's it up until now. I think I'm going to have a Titan bar when I'm done with this post. I'm wanting something sweet and don't want to hit the cereal cupboard.


Ok, on to some other news. You would've thunk I would have started with this, but the point of this post was really to just update my food intake. About 5 weeks ago, we found out that we're adding another one to our clan! We had been trying so we weren't surprised or anything. I haven't really said anything about it on any of the other places I hang online and probably won't. At least as of now that's what I've decided. I'm due in the beginning of Aug. So it's gonna be another fun filled summer pregnancy. Yay for me!

My husband and I haven't come to an agreement yet, but as of now I am still planning on hitting the stage in Nov for Nationals. I'm looking at these 4o weeks as prep time for the pre-contest time. Some people have told me that they think it will be too soon for me to get my body back in that condition, but I did it with my 1st. I didn't compete at that time, but was back in a zero within 7 weeks. So as long as I don't get too fat, it's completely doable. That's the plan as of now, but as we all know life doesn't always go as planned. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Okay, now I'm super tired. Want to eat my bar and go to bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! CONGRATS!!!! And you are still planning on Nationals, that's amazing. How old is your other child?
I had late summer and fall babies and i always loved being pregnant in the summer! I'm so excited for you!
Have you had any morning sickness or anything? I always had a hard time feeling like doing cardio the first trimester, but after that I had tons of energy all the way through. And with each one I got more comfortable working out hard, so with the last one I only gained 17 pounds and was still lifting heavy. So I have no doubt you will make it if that is what you still want at that time!! Sorry for rambling, like I said, I'm just excited for you!!
Great post!!

amanda103 said...

Thanks! Heck yeah I'm planning on it, not letting anything slow me down:) My son is 4 right now. He'll almost be 5 by time this one get's here.
Nope, not sick at all. I was just really tired, but I'm already starting to feel like I'm getting some energy back. Still have some down days though. I hear ya on having a hard time getting the workouts in. I haven't really felt like going at all, but I've been making myself go. I'm fine once I get there though.
I hope I only gain 17lbs! I gained 31lb the first time around and didn't workout much at all. I was hoping to keep it between 20-25lb, but I wouldn't be too upset if it was less;)
Thankfully I'm still in all my regular clothes still. But I'm only 9 weeks, so I'm sure pretty soon that'll change!