Friday, January 14, 2011

Protein Pancakes Recipe





Ok, since I had quite a few people ask me for my recipe I decided to just put it down here. Twitter just wouldn't have worked.

1/2 cup oats (ground)
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 scoop protein powder (I used ON's Supercharged Strawberry)
4 egg whites
A splash of vanilla extract
Stevia (or whatever sweetener you like) to taste

Mix all ingredients (just put it all in the blender and go) and cook in a pan sprayed with Pam just like you would an ordinary pancake.

Topping:
Heaping handful of frozen mixed berries
Stevia to taste
a splash of water

Put ingredients in a small sauce pan and cooked until sauce thickens. Poor over pancakes and enjoy!

*My 'sauce' didn't get super thick like syrup, but it didn't make the cakes soggy.

Let me know how you like it!

No comments: