Monday, February 14, 2011


So, totally falling off the resolution/goal train here. In one of my previous posts I mentioned a little something going on with me which was the main reason I was planning on competing at Nationals this year. Well, life has thrown yet another curve ball at me and I am officially not competing this year. Things didn't work out well, and as of 3 weeks ago things went downhill and it's all a no go now. That was a big part of why I wasn't on here. I didn't really feel like blogging about anything and pretty much didn't feel like doing anything at all. Don't think I really left the house but once the first week. But, like with everything else, life goes on. I am back in the swing of things. Back to the gym training, and training clients. The eats have actually been really good. I am not tracking calories or macros or anything. Just trying to eyeball the balance. I weigh my food enough during prep, I think I'll live if I just eyeball on the off season:)

Well, even though I'm back but I don't plan on making this a long entry. Just wanted to a least pop in and say HI! I'll leave you with some randomness on the food I've been eating. Sprinkle in a couple glasses of wine, a bowl of cereal once or twice, and some pizza yesterday (partied too hard on Sat, needed recovery food!) I also just got done with some Greek yogurt with stevia and cinnamon with some craisin's! Yum-o! (you must try the yogurt with protein powder! Yowza! Got the recipe off siouxcountry.com and it's AMAZING!!)





Had some wheat crackers in the pantry, so I busted'em out with some laughing cow cheese wedge's. Not a bad snack. The cheese is good, just wish the flavor was a tad stronger. Strong like bull.....not cow:)



They're flip flopped, but the other day after the gym I was S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G! I could not wait to prepare anything at home. So, a tasty little chicken sammich from Subway fixed me right up. And an apple for dessert. Btw, during Feb, ALL of their subs are $5 for a foot long. Try the Angus, it tastes so much like a whopper! Hopefully the stats are not the same......




For some reason I have been lovin' me some soft boiled eggs lately. I know I shouldn't be eating all the yolks, but it's just yumminess in my tumminess!


Okay, this is partly taken from Genie. She made up some cabbage soup and posted the pics....so of course it looked awesome! I had to make me some too! What a cheap soup to make, and in the winter I like me some soup! Some people I know are afraid of cabbage because of the gassiness. Well, never fear! A G.I. Dr. told me that you can drink Pepto to conceal gassiness. It won't make you less gassy, but it will stop you from clearing a room (i.e. it masks odor). We also make turkey patties often (Mike wants to make them a staple in the fridge). We mix 93% turkey with Emeril's Original Essence and some fennel seed and cook'em up. This time I broiled them and they came out really good. Maybe we don't have to grill out in the wintertime after all??? I chopped one up and tossed it in the soup. My own version of Thick and Chunky:)


Just wanted to share a great deal I got on some DD coffee! I had been looking everywhere for pumpkin flavored coffee during the holidays and was never able to find any! Maybe they were just always sold out? Cuz I found Mocha Mint AND Pumpkin flavored DD coffee on Manager's Special! Say wha?!?! It says 'was $6.99', but the tag said $8.69) either way score for me!


I decided to bake up some of those Krusteaz Apple Cinnamon fat free muffins, but I added a few scoops for protein powder to the mix to make them a little more worth eating. They were pretty good, I used a little Brummel & Brown on'em. Yum!



This doesn't look as good as it was. I am still on my Italian green bean kick and decided to mix in some lentils with them. I had the lentils in the pantry and decided to cook them before having to toss them. Crazy I know, I actually wanted to use up something before it made it's way to the trash can? I mixed them with some coconut oil and voila! I've eaten this a few times now.

There's a few other things too that I didn't get shots of. I made an English roast in the slow cooker with onion soup mix. It was good, but I used beefy onion soup mix and that just grosses me out for some reason. I mean, I'm cooking it with beef so I don't see the problem but it's hard for me to get it down. Maybe it's beefy overload? Idk, but going forward I'm just using the regular onion soup mix.

Well, that's my rap. There's more gaps to fill, but I can't think of them right now, and I said this wasn't gonna be long anyway. This is why I need to stay on top of this. I forget too much! I can be such a ding dong sometimes! (ooooh, ding dong's so good, don't they?) At least this time there was a justified reason for being away.


*edit* I had a question in my Formspring but it just said Hi.....so to you......Hello!

No comments: