Monday, March 22, 2010

Breakfast of Champions!


Ok, so on some of the other blogs I follow there have been some posts on the food they're currently eating so I decided to do one myself;-) I picked breakfast because, well, it was just convenient for me. I have been having an egg white protein shake lately instead of cooked eggs just for something different. Egg Whites Int'l has pretty good egg whites (for cooking too if you want). They're heat pasteurized so you can safely eat them raw. They don't taste like raw eggs (not that I eat raw eggs), it really doesn't have a taste. They stay good for up to 4 months so we invested in two 1gallon jugs. I mix 1/2 cup egg whites with 1/2 scoop Optimum Nutrition protein powder and shake it up! I cut my fats out of this meal, but I would usually put a tablespoon of pb in my oatmeal. It's so yummy! Today I just had oats with cinnamon and stevia. If you look closely you can kind of see the stevia packet leaning on the egg whites container. My body does not like Splenda so I use stevia for all of my artificial sweetening needs. That's 1/2 grapefruit sitting up front. As you can also see, I like my Tupperware. It's convenient, portable, and light. It's so much easier weighing my food in a Tupperware container than a regular bowl or plate and it doesn't get scorching hot in the microwave. Ziploc bags are another fave, but I ate breakfast at home so there was no need to break'em out. I do keep my supplements in a Ziploc bag (not shown in the pic). Pill cases just aren't big enough to carry all my pills in. Anywho, rounding out my breakfast this morning was espresso. I usually brew up some Starbucks, but I need to clean out my coffee pot. Not the pot, but the insides of the machine. It's all yucky in there and I ain't using it until the gunk is gone! Espresso is a nice change though. Talk about perking up in the morning! So that was my breakfast today. I'm not too creative with my food yet, as I get closer to the contest and I'm starving is when my interesting dishes show up!

I'm off to the dentist! I actually like going, my dentist is pretty cool. I'm shooting for his commercial tomorrow afternoon! They didn't really give me any instructions/directions for it. Just to not wear white or red. So I'm gonna hit them up at the office when I get there to see what they want me to talk about! hehe! I'll have to find out when it's going to be aired. Or maybe I can post it here so you can all check it out!

Happy Monday!!


1 comment:

Becca said...

Hey Girlie! Just catching up on blogs now. I have been posting but keep getting derailed before I have a chance to read others.

So anyway, how did the dentist commercial shooting go? let me know when it airs! I hope they show it in Kzoo so I can see you!

Tim and I buy liquid egg whites from Gordons Food service! They are 6.59 for a half gallon, and pasturized, and they added guar gum which I dont mind since many people use that for supplement anway. (helps with digestion I think!)
I love them too b/c they also don't tast like egg whites plain - I mix them in my magic bullet with ice and whey and it's like a total smoothie!
ok, on to your other posts now!