Thursday, July 21, 2011

Competing on a budget


A friend of mine was telling me that I should really write about how thrifty I am with my contest prep. So I figured I sprinkle some budget friendly tips in here and there. I look at it like this, if I can do something myself or find a way to save a bit, then I have more to put towards the things that I can't save on or maybe upgrade on something.

-Get a credit card with Rewards Points.
Just use it for things you would already be buying or paying for (like groceries, supplements, bills, etc.). As your points add up you could use them for hotel, car, or flight to your contest venue.

Every little bit counts!

2 comments:

Tenecia said...

I'm exactly the same way!! Competing is a hobby for me so I'm not willing to throw my entire bank account into it!

Can't wait to read your tips!!

T.

Amanda said...

looking forward to your tips!!