Monday, February 21, 2011

Bad Weekend, Back on Track!

I have been so tired lately that by time it's time to post I'm whipped and just wanna go to bed. Well, I'm still tired but still have motivation to keep going. My workouts have been going great! I am actually really starting to look forward to my leg days! I'm starting to really see them change. I am kinda bummed now cuz I feel like my upper body is lacking (I am never happy). My food has been pretty on track, but this past weekend was a complete dietary disaster. I didn't log anything (with hopes I'll block it out) or take pics, or keep any evidence around. I am still holding water from it! But, as they say, today is another day.

We stopped at Old Navy this weekend. They have all their clearance an additional 50% off! I am all about a good deal! Now, their stuff isn't the highest quality but hey what d'ya want for a $3 dollar tee? I really like their print tee's so I got a couple of those for a couple bucks each and some regular cute little tops. And in line for check out, I grabbed me this little keeper for my tea and coffee. I have a Hoops and Yoyo one now, but I lost the bottom (that sang a song) and it's nice to have a trade off when one is dirty, and for $5 bucks why not?


I srsly need to get myself away from my protein pancakes. I can't stop eating them! I need to find some other way to cook my oats and eggs to switch off so I don't get sick of these. For my next meal I tried some pasta, chicken, with creamy sauce (low fat of course) mixed with veggies. It was okay, but needed some salt and it hardened up when it got cold...like room temp. Don't know if I'll try that one again.


I decided to bust out some peppers I had frozen a while back. They were on sale so I stocked up and froze'em. I do that with berries too when they go on sale for like a buck. I just had this with some garlic olive oil and some more chicken. Speaking of my garlic olive oil, I tried making some more but it didn't turn out the way I wanted. It burned.
Here's what it looked like when I first got it going.


And here is what it looked like after I starting paying attention to something else.


This I had yesterday, but wanted to share anyway. I actually went to the store to buy more asparagus so I can make this again. Just chicken, roasted asparagus and onion, and oil It was yumolicious! Nom, nom, nom!


Post gym I had my usual.


I get the EAS shakes at Sam's Club. I wish they carried vanilla, but I'll take what I can get. I have found that this shake is the only one that masks the taste of my BCAA's. So I usually take one and a baggy with the BCAA's with me to the gym.

Din, din was some more cabbage soup thawed from the freezer with some sirloin patties I cooked up the other day.


And for dessert


I love the honey!

Well, that's my day. I feel kinda bad about half ass coming clean about my weekend, but I just can't bring myself to say out loud how bad I was. Bad food, bad drinks and too much! I think I'll wait until next week to weigh myself.....I'm still too scurred!

Too.tired.must.get.sleep....


Sorry if there's typo's or if things just don't make sense. Too sleepy. Will correct later.

Nighty nite!

4 comments:

Tenecia said...

Do you freeze your veggies too? I bought a bunch of asparagus for $1/lb but I'm not sure I can eat it all before it goes bad...

t.

amanda103 said...

Oh yeah, if I get a good deal I stock up! Asparagus for a buck!?!? I would've bought them out! I don't know how long it stays good in the freezer, I'm sure up to 6mo at least? It never lasts that long in my house! Just rinse it (let it dry a bit) lay it out on a cookie sheet and pop it in the freezer. Then, once it's frozen put them in baggies. It's better to do it that way or you'll end up with one big clump of frozen veggies. I've never tried freezing asparagus, let me know how it turns out if you try it!

Genie said...

Y'all get crazy produce deals! I have to stick with frozen bags bc it is the most cost efficient at the moment.

Cabbage soup. Woop woop!

EAS does have a Vanilla! It's quite tasty! Hard-ish to find. Our local Kroger carries it... not sure if you have those up there... (or Ralph's? )

Anonymous said...

LOL! I have the pink Hoops & Yo Yo cup that sings the I have to pee song! LOL!
xo
Mindy