Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Sorry I haven't been posting for a while, I seem to get away from it so easily:-( That's one of my resolutions for 2010 is to post more often! Also, to finish studying for my CPT cert. (I actually have my test date scheduled already!) and start picking up some clients, get my website up and finally running, and to get my pro card;-) Well, at least the first few I can control, the last one is more of what I hope for this year. So, are you off to a good start this year? It's only been a couple days, so if you've fallen off your wagon.....it's okay, just get back up there! I have been really good (for the whole 4 days lol!)! We even had company over and ordered pizza and I only had 1 piece! If you live around a Jet's Pizza, I highly recommend getting the BBQ chicken pizza. I didn't think it sounded that good at first either, but it is so yummy!

So, I think I've decided to stone my own suit this year! Yikes! It seems that some of the suits now (now that you only need a 2pc) are getting more expensive. And the stone work on some of them is not something I can't do. Don't get me wrong, some are so intricate and beautiful.....but those suits are definitely out of my price range:-) My brother is awesome with art, so I think I'll have him help me out with design and go from there. Plus, if I start early....then get too frustrated, I'll have time to buy one. I don't want to think that way though......I will do this!

I just got done booking our hotel for the Arnold! I'm so excited to go! Only about 9 more weeks to go! hehe! I think I booked the same place as last year. It's not connected, or the nicest, but it's clean and it's only 5 minutes from the Expo. We hardly spent any time in our room last year, and that's how I look at it. If it's clean and safe...and close, then I'm good. I will only be there to sleep and get ready to go out! We're only staying for Saturday night (like last year). I would like to stay over for Friday too, but I still have a blast going for just the 1 night. Hopefully I can stay good on my eating/cardio so I look halfway decent this time! Plus, I'm going to get Mystic tanned. Those fluorescent lights in the Expo make you look so pale unless you have a great tan going on.

I still have so much to do today:( It's too cold out to do anything, except catch up on my DVR, in my opinion. I have to do homework (for the Gregman), start chipping away at the Xmas decoration deconstruction, get the rest of my cardio in, and studying (for my CPT).

Which to do first.....
Happy New Year!
XOXO


3 comments:

Becca said...

Ineed to be better about posting, too.
I just started studying for my CPT...through ACE. Where are you getting yours from? I literally just cracked open the books this week...so I probably won't be finished with it until March...

I am so jealous you are going to the Arnold. I have STILL NEVER been to one. Trying to convince Tim but of course $ is always a factor...

Hope you have a great day!

amanda103 said...

Hey Becca! I have the ACE book, but I'm going through NESTA. It's a little more known on the west coast. It had a nutrition certification as well, which I wanted (I don't think ACE has/had one). Also, the cert is good for 4 years. Most others are only for 2, then you have to re-cert. You guys aren't going to the Arnold!?! It's so close, you could even drive down for the day. That's what we did the first year. I don't recommend it, but if that's your only option...

I used rewards points from my credit card to get the hotel, so it's not really costing us anything but the $10 to get into the Expo, and whatever supps I get.

Hope you can bring him around!
Chat soon!
XOXO

Becca said...

Hey Amanda!! ACE has a Nutrtional Cert now - so that'll be my next step. I like the idea of having to do it every 4 yrs intead of 2...dang! Too late now! LOL. Anyway - I"m still working on Tim. He might actually go for the diving thing, he's such a tightwad lol.