Wednesday, May 12, 2010



So I just noticed that my last entry said less than 8 weeks till Jr. Nat's......well that should have said 7. I'm sure none of you who compete are very surprised at that. Brain function is not always 100% while dieting:) I've seen it written somewhere before, but so true.....you ever notice how diet has the word DIE in it? lol Dieting isn't too bad, but I don't get any cheats so that makes it a little tougher. But whenever my stomach is growling and I've already eaten my food for the day I try to think that I've already made it over 10 weeks and now it's the home stretch. Most of the time that helps. The times it doesn't, I just try to chew some more gum or something.

I know I haven't posted anymore progress pics, but hopefully (where have you heard that before, right?) I will get some up in the next couple days. I don't plan on taking too many more after this though. You'll just have to wait and see the final product!

I am up again earlier than usual today. It must be the stress of dieting that is messing up my sleep. I have a couple other things going on too, but I'll talk about that in another post. I've been taking melatonin which helps but I forget to take it sometimes, like last night. I can't take my ZMA anymore during this prep because it's making my restless leg syndrome act up. It's sooooo irritating to have your leg twitch right before you're about to fall asleep! Then I can't sleep because I'm irritated and I'm up all night! Ugh! It usually doesn't bother me unless I'm stressed or depleted, which means right now it pretty much bothers me a lot:(

I have been stoning my suit, but not yet finished. I can get a lot done in a short amount of time, but that's usually the problem. I only have a short amount of time here and there. Thank goodness I started early! I'll have to post some pics once I'm all done! It's my same suit from last year, just more blinged out now. I wanted to keep my suit for 1. save some $$, and 2. I like the suit just want to bring something a little more to the national stage.

Well, I'm off to get my day started. Pack food, cardio, clean house, back to gym to lift, coffee break with some family, bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I hear ya on the brain function! And I haven't been sleeping good either. I hate that because after the show I will want to do nothing but sleep to make up for it!

Make sure you come back stage and say hi at Grand Rapids next weekend!