Monday, November 23, 2009



Well, had a busy weekend. Friday went to a friend's apartment downtown. It was so awesome! It had a really urban feel, she even had pictures up of neighborhood areas back in their hay day! I thought we were going to go out somewhere, but I don't think her and her husband really wanted to. That's okay, it was still a fun night. Saturday we had some friends over our house. I found out that one of my girlfriend's is expecting!!! She's 6 weeks along right now. She and her husband just married this past September, so we were all surprised to hear the news! They're super excited!


Watched the movie UP last night. I don't know why it was always out at the Red Box, I didn't think it was that great. If you haven't seen it yet, just wait for it to come on cable. I'm still waiting for last season's Desperate Housewives to arrive so I can catch up! I missed a lot of last season, and haven't seen too much of this one because I don't want to spoil anything.

So, the countdown to Thanksgiving is on! I only have to bring the mashed potatoes, but I may bring a dessert too. I'm actually more excited for Black Friday! I plan on going on this year. I planned on it last year, but then I got the flu:-( So, I will try again. I haven't looked at the adds yet. Last year at this time I already had my game plan down. I work good under pressure though, so I know I'll be ready. I want to try to get most of my shopping done that day. I'm usually out with all the guys at Meijer on Christmas Eve trying to finish up for everyone, but not this year! I really want to have it done early. I think I may put up my decorations Friday night. I'll get the boxes from storage and a bottle of pino grigio and of course some Christmas music on the radio.

I didn't make it to the gym today. I wanted to go, but decided to do other things first. I'm also fighting a sinus thing, so my throat is pretty irritated. I decided it was better to give myself a little extra rest. I don't want to be sick again this year and miss the shopping! But I will be back on tomorrow. Ready to go get it!

Night y'all!


2 comments:

Becca said...

Hey Amanda~
Wow, I think you are my long lost sister. I am the same way when it comes to Christmas shopping...and EVERY YEAR when I put up the Christmast decorations I do it with Christmas music and a bottle of Pinot Grigio - my favorite white wine of all time.

That is very exciting to hear about your friends. Also, on the urban feel apartment - I have always loved going to those - and am kinda jealous of it sometimes but I think I would miss having a yard. Ya know?

If you decide to take dessert to Thanksgiving too, I have a super easy recipe for you. Just buy a small can of pumpkin puree and a box of pillsbury spice cake mix. Add the mix (no eggs, oils or anything) just the mix to the can of pumpkin, and stir. plop on a cookie pan and bake at 350 for about 20 min. You might want to check to make sure they're done. Mine turned out more like muffinny cookies but they were a huge hit! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Becca said...

PS. How is your hubs about Christmas stuff? Mine is such a scrooge and while he doesn't mind the decorations, he never wants to put them up or listen to music with me. I think that is the most fun of the Holiday season! BOO!! LOL