Thursday, November 5, 2009



So how was your Halloween this year? Mine was fun! We took Gregory out as a Thomas the Train:) We went around the old neighborhood (we had some great neighbors!). We ran into a few who invited us over after trick or treating for some drinks. They do it every year, their garage has been transformed into a man cave and that's where we mainly hung out. They did have a fire pit in the back, a trampoline for the kids and lots of yummy food inside! I hope when we finally find our new house, that we have neighbors that are just as fun!


My training has been a little out of whack. I don't miss workouts, they just get juggled around the week sometimes. At least I'm getting them in I guess. My food has been pretty on track. Besides Halloween and a dinner we hosted this past weekend, I have been good. Still trying to get more cardio in! I can always find the time when I'm pre-contest for it, but for some reason it's so hard to do when I'm off-season! I'm going to try a different approach to cardio.....something more along the lines of aerobics. I'll still do my step mill (devil!) coz I need it, but the tread and elliptical can get so boring sometimes! I don't really like the recumbent bike, it doesn't feel very comfortable to me.

I have so much to catch up on! I don't even want to look at my inbox....it's probably overfilling! I have cleaning to do, cardio, workout, laundry, pay the bills, more cleaning, and studying.
I've had the study material to get my personal training certification, but was so busy trying to sell the house, then move, I didn't look at it too much. I'm more focused on that now, and am hoping to be ready to test before the year is out (that's not too far away!).

Don't know what I'm going to do with the certification when I get it. I may pick up a few clients here and there. I love helping people transform their bodies....for the better! It's such a confidence booster:) I have helped a couple friends drop a few lb's for occasion's, but they always put it right back on:( I think if someone were paying me, they would stick to it better. I did!

Years back I had a trainer, and I stuck like glue to our regimen. I didn't want all the money I was spending to be wasted! I think when you actually have something more invested, you're more likely to follow through.

Well, off to get my day going!
Happy Wednesday!
Me

1 comment:

Becca said...

I am right there with you with the CPT cert. Tim and I are looking to get ours (as our Christmas gifts) this year and not sure that I really want to train clients in the gym...but I might. He and his best bud have started a contest and diet/weight loss business and it's already looking great! I am support for females looking to do contest or for those who just aren't comfortable with males but still want to lose the weight. So far so good. I have helped a few girls out but feel like if I had my CPT with an emphasis on nutrtion (that is what really interests me)I would have more of a leg to stand on as far as being credible and for marketing purposes, you know?
Best of luck to you my dear! You obvioulsy know what you're doin'!