Thursday, February 4, 2010



So, back to let y'all know how the chicken turned out. Eh, it was okay. I think to give it a fair shake I'll give it another shot sometime. The meat did come out really tender. I didn't even have to cut off the drumsticks or anything, I just pulled'em apart. The breast meat was a little dry, but when I was putting the rub under the skin I tore it a little and it didn't quite sit right over the whole breast after that. The gravy left something to be desire though....unless of course you like beer tasting gravy. Maybe next time I will fill the can with some other liquid like chicken stock or something.

I meant to post yesterday about the weekend, but like some many other things, I put it off. Friday I didn't do much. I did go to the gym for a Wicked Legs class! I wish every gym had this class! I know everyone would love it! It's all done with body weight resistance and plyometrics. The last 10-15 min we do abs. The class runs 6 weeks and gets progressively more difficult. I wanted to take pics last week so I could track my progress but I guess I'll have to start this week (hopefully!). When the class was running in the fall I was really seeing some better lines and shape in my legs. Saturday we went to a friends house for a get together. It was fun, but I think I had a bit too much wine;-) I had a partner in crime that night, so the drinks just kept on flowing! I wasn't driving though, so it was all good. Sunday we went to a baptism.....and I'm the godmother! Yay! It's the second time I'm a godmother. It's really is an honor to be asked, partly because it's forever. You can't go back and say, never mind I want to change it to this person. So to be asked to be something forever is really special:-) It was a really nice day, but I ate way too much food at the restaurant afterwards! I had been good all week, but jeesh! You'd think I was getting ready for winter hibernation! It was a special occasion after all (*wink*wink*). I have been back on the horse all week and actually dropped a pound! Woo Hoo! Next week's goal: lose one more pound......or at very least maintain loss of current one pound gone.


Bye!
Me~

3 comments:

Becca said...

WOW! I had some major catching up to do! Good job on the 1lb loss. I have been eating clean all week too but those damn hershey's kisses my boss has in the bowl..ugh! I tell you it's the little things. I just made a pact to myself to lose 1 lbs a week for the next few weeks till the kzoo show. It will also shorten the amount of prep i need to do...and hopefully I can go into nats feeling more confident.
Anwyay, that beer can chicken site is pretty cool!
talk to you soon babes!
PS genie (who is doing figure at Jr. Nats) has a blog too, it's called thrid wish - incase you wanna follow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda!

I competed with you at the Grand Rapids show. I love your physique, your shoulders are amazing! I'll be rooting for you at Jr. Nationals, not in person unfortunately, but that is so cool that you all are doing it together. Is this your first National Show?

amanda103 said...

Hi Abby! I remember who you are;-) I follow ur blog too! Thanks for the compliments on my shoulders. They are my genetic gift.....now I just need to do something about my legs! You have really great legs btw!
I'm pretty excited that so many people from MI are going to Jr. Nat's! It is my first National show, so I'm going to be pretty nervous. But I think I'm more excited for this show than any other I've done!

Becca,
I've found Genie's blog from yours and I've been following for a little bit now:D Thanks tho! Oh, and good luck to Tim with his photo shoot coming up soon!