Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beer Chicken

I bought a whole chicken the other day at the grocery store because I wanted to save a buck and roast it myself. Me, the person who has terrible luck with roasting meat. I like the all ready roasted chicken at the store, but if I roast it myself I can spice it the way I like and save myself 2 bucks (hey, 2 bucks is 2 bucks). So while I Googled a roast chicken recipe I came across beer chicken. It actually goes under a few interesting names: Chicken on the Throne, Beer Can Chicken, Beer Butt Chicken, or Beer in the Butt Chicken (nice, eh?).





There's actually a website called www.beercanchicken.com and www.ovenbeercanchicken.com (I don't think they're affiliated). So, I decided to give it a try. I used the rub recipe from the oven beer chicken site, and it's cooking right now! I'll have to let y'all know how it turns out. I've read that most people who cook it this way rarely go back to a conventional method. I'll have to check it out a little further, but hopefully (if it comes out good) I can eat this chicken during my contest prep. :) Not sure about the malt and yeast. I don't think it would make a difference, but I always like to be sure:D

I had a pretty busy weekend, but I'll post more about that tomorrow. I'm so hungry, I'm off to go stare at the oven and wait......


No comments: