Monday, April 26, 2010

8 Weeks Out!


I keep saying that I'm going to stay on top of posting to this blog, and I always get so easily side tracked. I do lurk around blogger-land and keep up with what everyone's up to, just take too long doing it. I agree with Abby, that it has been a little quiet though (which also motivated me to post something!).

So, I'm 8 weeks out at this point. Have way mark! THANK GOD!!! I'm really starting to have a hard time with my prep this time. I don't know why my cravings are so intense:-( I think it's maybe because usually I prep for 12 weeks and at this point I only have 4 more to go which is easier for my brain to take than 8! I haven't really got that creative with my recipes yet. I think I should start, I need to mix things up a bit. I'm not loving my protein powder right now and that is usually a saving grace for me. I've tried to nuke it a couple times but that was a big FAIL! I've also tried cooking it up like pancakes, but the texture was just too weird and bland to repeat. Oh, and I just started adding fish to my diet.......yum my favorite (not so much). I picked up some tilapia because it's the only one I can take the taste of. I know some people are all about the philosophy of you don't have to eat what you don't like on your diet, but I just don't want to take a chance. If I am ready early I can cut it out. If I was gagging on it I wouldn't be eating it, I just don't care for it is all. If anyone knows some really good (make it not taste like fish good) recipes feel free to share'em!

I have started stoning my suit a little while back. I pretty much did one side of the top and then put it away and haven't touched it since. Maybe I'll pull it out after I'm done with this post??? I went to the bead store to get more of one of the stone types I needed (I had the wrong size for one and needed more of the other). Do you know they wouldn't exchange the stones I had (size issue) even though I was going to be purchasing more? I thought that was strange. They said since I didn't have my receipt and they didn't see it in their system that the purchase must have been too old (I did buy them quite a while back). I didn't think it would be a problem though since it was just exchange......and they're stones not clothing that goes out of style or season? Oh well it's not like they're the only bead place.
Okay, I just re-read that part and realized that I spent more time on that than I should have. It bugged me, but not THAT bad.

I don't think I have too much going on this week other than the usual everyday stuff. I'm helping a friend out with her hair extensions tomorrow. We're cutting, gluing, and sewing the clips in them. She has a show in a few weeks, then on to Jr. Nat's as well. I have used extensions before for going out but not for a show. I think they look great on the right people. I just wonder if all that hair would be too hot, especially on stage with those lights. I have seen some people who went overboard with them and it looked terrible! As of now, I don't think I will use mine but who knows. I change my mind 50 times in one day. Anything is possible!

Happy Monday!!!
xoxo


2 comments:

Becca said...

LOL! Ok. Sorry I had to laugh on the part about you spending too much time talking about the beads. I wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't say anything. I think it's really strange that they wouldn't let you do a dollar for dollar store credit.
I can't wait to see your new suit! I did love your pink one too though. Do you still hav it?

amanda103 said...

I decided to stay with the pink suit and just bling it up a bit more. It was just a money thing, and I had a bunch of stones to start me off with (planned on using them on a different suit and never did). Hopefully it turns out nice:)